MAUI CROCKPOT CHICKEN RECIPE
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 TBS. Oil
1 (14.5 oz.) can of chicken broth
1 (20 oz.) can of pineapple chunks
1/4 cup vinegar (apple cider vinegar if you have it. If not plain is ok)
2 TBS. Brown Sugar
3 tsp. soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1 minced onion
1 med. bell pepper, chopped
3 TBS. cornstarch 1/4 cup water
1. Brown chicken in oil in heavy bottomed skillet
2. Place chicken into bottom of crockpot
3. Combine remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken.
4. Cover; cook on low for 4-6 hours
5. Serve over hot jasmine rice or whatever rice you have on hand.
NOTE: I made this on Aug. 26, 2012 and it was awesome. Also, I used dehydrated bell peppers and dehydrated onions (both that I made myself) and it worked just fine. I also thawed my chicken and cooked it halfway in the microwave rather than in a skillet because it was faster and it still was wonderful.