Ok, I’m simply all aflutter. Seriously! I do this blog because its so much fun and I’ve learned so much from reading others blogs. While I write for my own amusement and to have a textual/pictoral “diary” of my life, it has meant so much to me to find out that others actually read what I wrote and LIKED it. So many times, just when I think nothing I have to say could possibly matter to anyone, I get the nicest comments and encouragement.
One of those who always has an encouraging word and a listening ear is Bridgett from Ramblings of an Uncluttered Mind . From helping me with my knitting oopsies, to tossing in a suggestion on a project, to helping me figure out FB (winks) she has been a good friend and someone I’m thrilled to have gotten to know. Thanks Bridgett!
Now.. 7 things to know about me…
1. I’d never so much as looked at a blog until 2 years ago and could not for the life of me figure out why anyone would want to. (now I’m totally hooked!)
2. I know how to play, and read for, 13 musical instruments.
3. I had a chance to study in England with a composer friend of my music professor. I wanted to be a conductor and was studying theory and composition.
4. The worst job I ever had was as a blueberry picker. ALLLL day in the hot sun to end up with enough money to buy my cigarettes for the week. (back when they were $.75 in the machine and $.55 at the store)
5. I didn’t have a girly girl bone in my body until I hit menopause. Now it’s just disgusting. 😉
6. I can hawk a lugey with the best of them. I get both loft and distance. 🙂
7. When I was a little girl (5 or 6 years old) I got chased by a goose that was taller than I was and bit on the butt. I haven’t liked or trusted geese since.
15 Blogs I’m Nominating for this lovely award. I can’t wait for this part! These are in no particular order. Each of these sites have inspired me, made me hungry, made me think, made me laugh and caused more trips to Walmart to pick up some item or another that I needed to try a project they shared! Thanks to all of you!
2. Cozy Rambles
3. Dianne Faw
13. Season’s Girl
15. Craving Comfort