Ok, Jill, here it is. TADA! lol. I saw a you tube about ice dyeing and I wanted to try it. I was going for a more watercolor look rather than a tie dye effect. I think I got that mostly. I was shocked at how much it faded once it dried. I may have to look into how to not have that happen. I saw one guy who put Nitrogen in the water and it kept it bright. I’ll look into it more. I already have more ideas for the next one. 🙂 Now what to make with it…..
In my post last night I mentioned a purse that I started and was turning out to be way harder than I thought it would be. I finished it today and I was right. On the list of “Don’t Make Again” this one flew right to the top. This was not a beginners pattern. It didn’t say it was, so I can’t fault the book on that, but the directions were not great and they assumed a number of things. You experienced sewers would have found this to be child’s play, I’m sure, but I consider myself a semi-noob and so struggled with it. If I make this again, and that’s a BIG “if” right now, I would change several things. I don’t think it needed the lining to be interfaced. That just added extra bulk that I don’t think would have been missed. I would do the top bad differently and not put it on in the order they had you do it. It made it REALLY awkward and a pain in the butt.
All that said I do like the colors I used. Its “fall-ish” but not so much that I couldn’t use it if I was wearing those colors any time of the year. It’s nice and sturdy and has a lot of space in it. I like it a lot, but I’m sure glad its done. lol
In case you all were wondering, here is the book it came out of.
So that’s it for catching everyone up. I plan on doing more experimenting with the ice dyeing and I’ll put up my results when I do. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!